Making Connections - Shiba Tokaji (Day 1 Morning)

Shiba Tokaji

Re: Making Connections (Day 1 Morning)

Post by Shiba Tokaji » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:57 pm

The young Shiba walked into, with a fiery red and orange kimono. It was not lavish, but just appropriate for court. He had shown the administrators that he is familiar(15) with the doings of courtly affairs. He carried his Daisho in a peace-tie as far as was allowed as he made his way closer to the host. Carried in both his palms was a very intricate and demanding scroll, sealed by the Asako Daimyo stamp.

He walks with certain determination, but has an aura of reservation around him. He kneels deeply to the Lion Governor and offers the scroll. Tokaji speaks while his head remains down: "Governor-sama, we bring you teachings from voice now departed. It lets us reflect on times of great conflict, but from a different perspective.

This scroll has been patiently scribed by the Asako monks of from the Castle of the White Phoenix. It holds the words of an ancestor. Once a Shiba, now praised as Toriiko no Shiryo. She tells us of self reflection and patients under pressure. May it give your honourable Kitsu-sama ever more wisdom." The young Shiba knew what his daimyo had meant by this gift, it was a passive approach, a very very passive-aggressive approach giving such a gift to a Lion war occupier.

After the gift was accepted (38), Tokaji backs away and joins the rest of the courtiers. He looks to higher ranking guests, but realises that his skill at courtly matters is too low. He notices Akane, and strikes up a conversation, hearing what issues ails the village people.

Strike 19
Shiba Tokaji
Phoenix Clan*Bushi*Glory 1.0, Status 1.0, Honour: What is Expected
"Do not mistake my peaceful demeanour for weakness"
Narrator

Re: Making Connections - Shiba Tokaji (Day 1 Morning)

Post by Narrator » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:01 am

"You are kind to take an interest in this one's trivial problems," Akane said humbly, bowing very low as Shiba Tokaji addresses her. "It's my hope to petition the governor to show compassion to the village folk this year, since there have been so many... ahh... difficulties. But, I fear this one is of such lowly status that my petition may never be heard."
Shiba Tokaji

Post by Shiba Tokaji » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:40 am

Tokaji bows his head slightly in response to the praise. "Any proper samurai knows that all of us hold a place in the celestial wheel. A sick village is the sign of a poor samurai cast. What ails you?"
Shiba Tokaji
Phoenix Clan*Bushi*Glory 1.0, Status 1.0, Honour: What is Expected
"Do not mistake my peaceful demeanour for weakness"
Narrator

Post by Narrator » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:17 am

"I.. I don't mean to say anything bad about any samurai," Akane said nervously. "But, well, the summer has been so hot and dry. There's been hardly any rain at all, all season. It's bad for growing things, and we're sure to have a bad harvest. But with the new governor's taxes... well...." She swallowed uncomfortably.

"It'll be hard on the people unless something changes."