The Bon Festival! (Day 5 Evening)

Narrator

The Bon Festival! (Day 5 Evening)

Post by Narrator » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:42 am

The town is lit up with paper lanterns at every house. A small carnival is occurring at the night market, with festival games and a feast provided by the Governor, though it is whispered that the festivities were smaller than planned due to a midnight attack from a criminal gang. In a central square is a stage, upon which are a group of Bon Odori dancers and a pair of taiko drummers beating a lively rhythm.

Among the festival-goers, the ronin Hitaro is seen to tentatively approach the priestess Moshi Fuyumi. Her Matsu bodyguard stepped forward to stop the scruffy ronin from accosting her charge, but Fuyumi raised a hand. The Lion gave Hitaro a very suspicious glare, but backed away.
Kasuga Tsukaisute

Re: The Bon Festival! (Day 5 Evening)

Post by Kasuga Tsukaisute » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Tsukaisute carries a paper lantern with him, threading through the crowd and thinking on matters.

Not the worst of things, as things go. An ally secured, and another likely--and of diverse sorts.

Yes, but also failures. Or what do you call your supposed efforts yesterday?

Not what I had hoped for, I admit, my elder, but is not failure the great teacher?

Don't try your asinine philosophies on me, boy.

Of course not, Elder. But you will permit me to honor you and our earlier kin?

Eh.

The voice that answer's Tsukaisute's mind trails off as the young Tortoise lights his lantern and prays.
Kasuga Tsukaisute
Tortoise Clan*Courtier
Glory 1.0, Status 1.0, Honor...not so much

"You know, I might know someone can help you with that..."

Italics are thoughts. Off-color italics are someone else's thoughts.
Narrator

Post by Narrator » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 am

The paper lantern borne by the Tortoise joins the sea of lights created by the paper lanterns carried or hung by the other festival-goers. The taiko drums boom over the chatter of the crowd as the dancers gyrate to the music.

In the distance Hitaro bowed to the Centipede shrine maiden; he seemed to be saying something, but it's impossible to hear him over the sound of the festival. There is an audible gasp as Moshi Fuyumi forgets decorum and publicly embraces the ronin; soon replaced by cheers and laughter.

Near the feast tables, Old Man Mo can be seen filling a plate with dumplings and rice balls. Whether due to orders or due to compassion, the Lion guardsmen seem to be allowing the old beggar to join the feast tonight. Perhaps their ancestors would be pleased.
Kasuga Tsukaisute

Post by Kasuga Tsukaisute » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 am

Tsukaisute smiles.

I hope they're able to be happy, he thinks.

And maybe I should see about finding some happiness of my onw.
Kasuga Tsukaisute
Tortoise Clan*Courtier
Glory 1.0, Status 1.0, Honor...not so much

"You know, I might know someone can help you with that..."

Italics are thoughts. Off-color italics are someone else's thoughts.